Let us all pour one out for our departed friend, greendude33’s Dailymotion account. Thank you for your generous service over the past 7 months.
- Both were on the show before they got cast as the Doctor
- Both share a name with a previous Dr. Who actor
- Both are following the youngest actor to have played the role up to that time
- Both did so in the year following a major anniversary for the show
- Hell if you want to do the math: 25th anniversary x2= 50th anniversary while 6th Doctor x2= 12th Doctor
- They’re both starting out with a companion whose relatively new to the show (not even a full season/series)
- Both are being portrayed as more volatile than their more easy-going predecessors
- Both are the second Doctor to be cast in the role by their respective executive producers
Honestly the only real difference I can think of: Peter Capaldi asked for a dark coat and got dark coat. Colin Baker asked for a dark coat and
Colin Baker’s Doctor made his debut after the 20th anniversary, this whole post is BUSTED. #jokes
I’ve said this before, I think all the multiple of three Doctors (Pertwee, C. Baker, Eccleston and seemingly Capaldi) have been portrayed as somewhat more serious Doctors. Plus Hartnell, which is 3^0…that last point I made was perhaps the dumbest thing I’ve said here.